Friday, 14 August 2026

Solo traveling to Canda day 6

On my 6th day in Canada, I decided to go on an adventure!!! First I had to get to the train station and that involved a 10/15mn walk from my hotel and I saw a new bit of the town I hadn't seen before!!


Cool buildings!! 


Made it to the train station!


Guess where.....


Ottawa!!!!!


Made it to Ottawa! First thing I did was get the metro to the town center which was only less than 10mn away so that was fun! 


I loved the architecture there, it was all very pretty and different from Montreal!


First thing I did when I got to the town center is visit the marché Byward. It's mainly restaurants, cafés and touristy shops mainly selling lots of souvenirs. I bought some different things I hadn't seen in Montreal so I liked that. I had a hypo so I had a drink at one of the cafés and it was very nice. I saw online that there was a Shane Hollander (character in Heated Rivalry who's originally from Ottawa) but after walking around for a while and asking the information people, I was informed that they took it down. I was very sad lol.


After walking around for a while, I decided to have lunch. I ended up finding a french boulangerie / café so I went there. I had a chicken and pesto panini which was very nice and a chocolate eclair which tasted exactly the same as they did in France so I was very impressed !!!!



After lunch, I'd planned to go to the musée des beaux arts which I saw online was huge.


Here's some of my favourite paintings I saw at the museum!




I love van Gogh he's one of my favourite painters so I was very very happy and excited to see one of his paintings. I also saw some Monet paintings and he's also one of my favourite painters so I was also very happy and excited to see that.


After a couple of hours at the museum, I went for a walk and I walked to the parliament. I was shocked at how big and impressive it looked. It was very pretty and cool to see.


It was sooo hot so I decided to go in a tourist shop and look for a cool hat to wear because I felt like I was going to end up with a sun stroke which wouldn't have been good. I saw these loons when I went in the shop and found them very funny !!!!


Here's the hat I bought, I love it!


I felt very safe in Ottawa and I only spent a few hours there but I had a lot of fun!!!!


It was then time to go back to Montreal!


Trains in Canada are soooo much better than the trains in France!


Back in Montreal!


The sky and the moon were very pretty when I was walking back to my hotel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment