Monday, 31 August 2026

Weekend in London day 1

About 10 days after I got back from Canada, we'd booked a weekend to London (mainly to visit the Harry Potter studios) and here's what we got up to on our first day there. We got the first eurostar that left from Lille to London at 8:30am and got to London at 9:30am which meant we had an entire day ahead of us before going to the studios on the next day.


Immediately started annoying my mum on the train lol 


After an hour we made it to London!!!! I always forget how fast it takes from Lille to London on the train!


We got a hotel that was literally a 2mn walk away from the station so that was perfect. We dropped off our lugagge at the hotel and immediately went out to explore. 


We had booked the David Attenborough exhibition for 12. After a 30mn tube ride we made it to the National History Museum but we only had like 20mn to eat so we found a bakery (Paul, we have some in France!), had a quick sandwich and a drink and then we went in!


I mainly took videos during the exhibition so here's one of the only pictures I took. I love jellyfish!!!!!! The exhibit was cool, it was fun but a bit underwhelming, but my sister loved it so that's the main thing as she asked to go! 


 Booking the exhibition gave you an immediate entry for the museum so that's what we did after. 

I saw this cool crystal.


Obviously saw the blue whale skeleton which is way bigger than I thought, it was really impressive. I love whales!!!


Saw this cool window of stained glass!


Saw the animated dinosaur which I still find cool even as an adult lol!


We ended up staying at the National History Museum for a couple of hours. 


Here's what I ended up buying at the museum! I've loved collecting crystals for as long as I can remember! I have a big collection of them and these are the perfect additions to that collection! :)


We then walked towards Harrods because we thought we'd hit the shopping for my brother because we could tell he was bored of the museum lol!!!!


I remembered seeing online that they sold Jellycats in Harrods and I was right!!!!!


Here's the two Jellycats I bought!!!! I'm very happy and excited about these. I can add these to my collection too now hehe :)


After a little rest at the hotel, me and my mum decided to go to Weatherspoons for dinner. My brother and sister weren't hungry as we'd had a little snack when we came back from shopping.


I got a vegan sausage wrap which was very very nice, it tasted exactly like real sausages! And my mum had a backed potato because she's always asking me to make them at home but they never taste the same so she was very happy about this!


And of course I couldn't go to Weatherspoons without having the cookie dough sandwich!!!!! It's still as delicious all these years later !!!!


And then it was time to go back to the hotel because we were waking up early the next day for another exciting day....!!! 

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely mummy you have !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those meals look so tasty !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that T-Rex didn’t cause any mayhem…

    ReplyDelete