On my last day in Canada, it was Canada day so I had to wear my Canada football shirt I'd bought!!!!
My plane was technically at 9:30pm (you'll see after why I say technically lol), checkout was at 11am but I got bored of waiting around at the hotel so I thought might as well wait around at the airport so I got a lyft there. My driver was really nice, he was morrocan and the day before Morroco had qualified itself for the next round of the World Cup so he was all excited lol!
Made it to the airport after a 25mn drive.
Saw this cool mural.
Had a roam around the shops, I saw there was supposedly a shop that sold sonny angels so that's what I was on a mission to find. Didn't find them but I found a book and some Canadian sweets I wanted to buy. I also saw Heated Rivalry in the wild lol!!
Made it to my gate!!!!!!! Never thought this would happen. I was fed up of pushing all my luggage around everywhere I went so I checked in my luggage and just as I did that, I got an email saying my flight had been cancelled... NOT good. So I went to tlak to a person that worked for Air France and they told me my flight wasn't cancelled. I was told I was put on the 9pm plane ON THE NEXT DAY!!!!!!!!!!! I totally panicked (and cried a bit I admit, it was the only time during my 10 days there that I actually stressed). I ended up bumping into a group of boys my age who were in the same situation as me and they told me how to reschedule my reschedualed flight. Which I did. I was put on the 5pm plane today. I dropped off my lugagge but was convinced I wouldn't be going home that day.
I did end up making it on the plane in the end!!!!!!!!!!! My next worry was that I'd be landing at 5am French time and my train to Lille was at 1:30pm. In the end when I landed I managed to reschedule my train for 8am which was perfect because I got through customs and baggage claim within 30mn. I had time to grab a drink and a snack for the train ride. The complications didn't end there....... my train was cancelled lol. I then asked my mum to meet me in Lille and her train was delayed. Then my train from Lille to Dunkirk got delayed. Then my train left Paris and we got stuck for an hour so we were even more delayed. I honestly thought I would never make it home. In the end I made it home at about 2pm and I was honestly exhausted but I couldn't sleep. Then I slept for almost 12 hours and got totally jet lagged but after the next day I was fine!
Loved the way these clouds looked.
The advantage of landing at 5am was that I got to see the beautiful sunrise.
More pictures from the sunrise.
Anndddddd then I was home!











No comments:
Post a Comment