On my last day in Canada (well my last full day) I started packing all my stuff and I quickly realised it would never all fit in my two suitcase so I went to buy another suitcase lol.
On my way back from the shop I saw this lorry that made me laugh and I knew it would make my mum laugh lol.
I wanted to buy a quick drink as well as a ginger ale to drink during the day so I went to the depanneur and thought the sign was very pretty.
On my way to the old port, I saw this shirt and it made me laugh a lot!!
I love the street signs in Montreal they're very pretty in my opinion!
The marina was very pretty, it reminded me of the one in Dunkirk and made me realise I didn't want to go home!!!!!!
Obviously had to have one last poutine again at the food stand at the old port. I miss this so much, I could definitely eat one right now. I bought the brown sauce they use to make it, so I'll be making one at home but it'll never be same as the potatoes taste different and I won't have the cheese curds!
I was told by one of my friends from Dunkirk that one of the restaurants near the beach is owned by people from Quebec and that they have the real cheese and everything so I'm looking forward to trying that restaurant when we have time! My expectations are high now but I've had poutine in Lille with the real cheese and it was very nice so I'm hoping it'll be as nice!!
When I was planning my trip, I'd seen online that you could book a boat tour that went along the Saint-Laurent river and I'd packed all my days so much that I never took the time to do it so I thought my last day in Montreal would be the perfect time to do it. I booked the 90mn tour!
Here's the boat we took, it was way bigger than I'd imagined. I immediately spotted seats on the decking and that's where I wanted to sit to have the best view and I managed to get a seat so I was very happy about that! I was chilling on my own on my seat and someone sat opposite me and she was being really chatty and was asking loads of questions about me but not in a 'I want to be friends' way, it just felt weird lol.
Here's a view from the river just as we were leaving the port.
Here's the pont Jacques-Cartier, the guide told us it was 2,7km long which it very impressive!!!
They had waiters come and ask if we wanted food / drinks and thought I'd make the most out of the experience and ordered an alcohol free cocktail! It was very nice. Bonus : the picture I sent my mum from the river cruise lol.
We saw lots of little boats.
We could see the old port and the big wheel from the pier and it looked tiny.
Then we saw this clock tower and it looked a lot like Big Ben and the guide told us that it was actually built by the people who built Big Ben!!!
I'd had my poutine quite early so I thought I thought I'd get a little snack, I wanted to stay in the old port so I went to the place Jacques Cartier and went to the place I had cookie dough and this time I had two scoops LOL!!!!
Saw some cool magnets but I'd already bought loads so I thought I wouldn't get any more.... WRONG!!! I got two mini magnets for my mum!
Had a ginger ale while I was writing in my journal and writing my postcards!
By then it was nearing the end of the afternoon and I was walking back towards my hotel and walked past these fountains again which I still found cool.
Took a different route to my hotel - I was very chuffed as I knew my way to and from my hotel to the old port without using a map. I didn't want to go back so I stayed on a picnic table, wrote more in my journal and chilled a bit while listening to the new Noah Kahan and Olivia Rodrigo album which were the soundtrack of my trip. My sister and two of my best friends made me playlists to listen to on the plane and while I was there so I also listened to them.
Decided it was time to go back to my hotel and had one last ginger ale which was still as nice as the first time I had it. I even started buying some at home as I loved it so much lol!!!





























No comments:
Post a Comment