Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Solo traveling to Canada day 7

The next day, after spending the day in Ottawa I was quite tired so I had a later start to the day and decided to have brunch at this restaurant that I'd found online before coming to Canda!


I went to Le Cartet which was very very nice. I had a maple syrup oat milk latte and I had a poached egg on top of spinach leaves on top of maple syrup pulled pork on top of tasted buns and it came with roast potatoes. It was lovely!! I think it was one of my favourite meals I had in Canada. 


Then I had a plan of going to picnik electronik festival so I went to the parc Jean Drapeau via the metro but didn't realise you needed to book tickets 


Instead of going to the festival I went to the Biosphère which is this cool building in the park.


It was okay, very interesting but also I was having a hypo and didn't have anything with me so I hurried around the place so I could find a sugarry drink! It's funny because after brunch my blood sugar went up to almost 400 and after doing an insulin bolus and walking a bit I had a hypo which was quite annoying.


Then I had a break in the park while I was having my drink. I saw these very pretty flowers and some yellow birds flying around.


I then remembered there was a vegan food festival in Montreal while I was there and it was the last day of the festival and you didn't need tickets so I got the metro and walked for about 30mn and made it to the festival.


After walking so much I was having another hypo so I went to the bar and asked if they had any sugarry drinks and the man at the bar said it's funny because usually people ask if they have any sugar free drinks. I said I was diabetic and he said oh well I'm a nurse so have it lol.

Here's the food I had. I was going to have more different foods but a thunderstorm hit the place (it was bright sunshine 30mn before I was even putting suncream on because I was scared of getting sunburn!). I was planning on having a vegan burger or hot dog but didn't have time for it because they had to shut down because of the rain and lightning!!


Before they shut down I had time to look around the different stands they had and bought this crochet ray. I also bought a body cream that smells really nice. 


I had either a 2 hour walk back to the hotel or a 30mn walk to the metro under the pouring rain and lighnting so I decided to get a lyft back to the hotel. I waited 7 minutes for the car to arrive and by then I was completely drenched and I was so wet that I made all the car wet when I sat there, I felt really bad so I gave him an extra bit of tip lol!!


By the time I made it to the hotel it was bright sunshine again. I decided to rest for a bit and decided I would go to the restaurant for dinner. I had planned to go to the vegan restaurant I ordered from (LOV) but I got there too early so I sat on a bench and waited until their opening time but they never opened. I then found a French restaurant that looked nice but when I got there I got told I needed a reservation to eat there. On my way to the French restaurant I walked past a fish and chips shop so I decided to go there!


While I was waiting for LOV to open, a duck and ducklings walked past me. It was very weird to see as we were in the middle of town, quite a way away from the water. There was a group of people walking around them to protect them from the cars on the road which I found very nice and cool.


This is what my fish and chips looked like. It was very very nice and they even had real english mayonnaise!!!!


I had a ginger beer with my drink and it was very nice!


By the time I'd finished dinner it was sunset time. I'd thought about going to the bar but the one I'd found online that I wanted to go to was shut so I gave up and went back to my hotel!


I sat on the picnic tables next to my hotel to write my postcards and saw a man put his dog on a trailer on his bike and found it very cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment